I wonder where kids get their energy, accepting it for what it is.
I wonder if I will ever feel safe around food, accepting one day at a time.
I wonder if Pete will kill himself trying to get healthy, loving laughing about it.
I wonder if there is anything that sounds better than kids laughing or telling stories, being grateful.
It was another wonderful day as Adrian and Aubrey went home and Daniel and Sam arrived. We played outside, until Sam's boots were literally dripping, on the inside. Ok, all of him was drenched. We slid down the cardboard slide to the basement, time and time again. We read stories, ate popcorn and watched a movie. We are currently all in the bed together!
I have realized this week that something that continues to be hard for me is throwing out food that the kids don't finish, even if I don't really like it! If I do like it, it's even harder! I was aware of the challenges and did fine.
Tomorrow is market day and I will pick up supplies for the week and next weekend, which will be at the cottage with my sister's!
Love, elly
"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead. His eyes are closed." Albert Einstein
Not throwing out unused food is definitely a guilt thing that I think we all learned from mom and dad. I don't know how many times I heard "eat everything that's on your plate, don't you know there are kids starving in Africa?"' But I think it helps to remember the context for them as they lived through a time where there was not even enough to fill their stomachs. I also really love the quote. Another Einstein also said "in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" which just happens to be one of my favourites. I'm very proud of you
ReplyDeleteLove happy odd john
It was actually the same Einstein! I didn't edit properly
DeleteLove john
"In every problem lies an opportunity so great, it literally dwarfs the problem"
ReplyDeleteAnd I find it interesting that we learned the lesson about not wasting food so well, and yet we didn't seem to remember Dad's other food mantra, or at least never applied it. I can still hear him say it. "You're only eating because it taste good"!!
Love
Peter
That's "tastes" good.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree that there is a risk that I may kill myself getting healthy, and I also agree that it can be a bit comical. Which of course makes it all worthwhile.
Love
Peter